Play, fun, and inspiration - Swiss Innovation Forum on 24 November 2016
On 24 November 2016 in the Congress Center Basel, the leading Swiss innovation convention will take place for the eleventh time. The Swiss Innovation Forum (SIF) is a national platform for the targeted promotion of creativity, design and innovation, and has the motto PLAY this year. Basel-Stadt has been the locational partner of the SIF for many years.
Digitalisation, the strength of the Franc, or stagnating productivity: With the universal entrepreneurial recipe for success of “innovation”, the current challenges shall be mastered. But, how does innovation develop in companies? Which drivers promote creative ideas? And what can large companies learn from innovative start-ups? These and further questions will be answered at the Swiss Innovation Forum 2016.
The motto of this year’s convention is “PLAY”. Playful thinking and acting is becoming ever more important in daily business. “Playing is the best way to learn new capacities and to break out of existing ways of thinking and patterns”, Dominik Isler, CEO of the Swiss Innovation Forum, is convinced. “This allows room for those unexpected approaches and methods that are absolutely necessary for the development of strategies, products, and business models.”
Inspiration und Networking
The Swiss Innovation Forum offers the over 1,000 participants from the economy, science, and politics a diversified program.
- Innovation professor David Robertson tells the success story of LEGO in Basel.
- The Swiss robotics professors, Roland Siegwart and Marco Hutter, present the newest findings from robotics research with a live demonstration.
- Afterwards, the blogger Tina Roth Eisenberg reports about how she, as a designer and entrepreneur, successfully opened a co-working space as well as a shop for washable design tattoos in New York.
- Claus Meyer, gastronomic entrepreneur and co-founder of the world’s best restaurant “Noma”, reveals his entrepreneurial recipes for success at the 2016 SIF.
- Then, Franz Blach, Design Director for IDEO, shows how creative ideas develop in companies.
- The development of innovations, creativity, and design is also central in a presentation by Frederik Pferdt, Chief Innovation Evangelist at Google.
- Later, Bazmi Husain, Chief Technology Officer of the ABB-group, dicusses the chances and risks of industry 4.0. Action designer and virtual reality expert Raffael Dickreute, who was responsible for the special effects in blockbusters such as “Man of Steel”, reports about his experiences in Hollywood and introduces the topic of virtual reality.
- Finally, Marius Swart, Global Director of Innovation & Entrepreneurship with Coca Cola, explains which role innovation plays in large companies.
The keynote presentations will be complemented with “Movers & Shakers”. These lateral thinkers will show how they set new accents with ground-breaking ideas and innovations. In workshops on the topic “Design Thinking”, “Gamification”, “Digital Embodiment”, and “Storytelling”, convention participants will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge. In small groups, they can put the theoretical instructions into practice and so gain valuable experiences for their daily work. In the “Future Expo” there will also be around forty innovative business models and new technologies from start-ups to admire. Ten of the companies come from this year’s host city of Helsinki. Ground-breaking technologies such as SSH or Linux were developed there and numerous innovative start-ups are located in the flourishing Finnish economic centre.
For more information about the Swiss Innovation Forum visit: www.swiss-innovation.com
When: 24 November 2016
Where: Congress Center Basel