Internationally celebrated architecture next to historical buildings. A young, dynamic art scene and world-renowned, impressive museums. A stroll through the old part of town with a city tour or a dip in the Rhine with the locals. According to the motto “This is Basel”, Basel Tourismus is committed to making a visit to the city an individual journey of discovery. On behalf of Canton Basel-Stadt and together with partners in the tourism industry, the organisation ensures that the city’s many surprising facets become known well beyond Switzerland’s borders.
Basel Tourismus was founded in 1890 under the name “Verkehrsverein Basel”. As an association under private law, its job is to promote tourism in and around the city of Basel in close cooperation with the Canton of Basel-Stadt, hotel and catering industry, cultural institutions along with other interested parties.
The main tasks of Basel Tourismus include:
- Raising Basel’s brand profile inside and outside the country
- Creating touristic offers and services for leisure and business travellers
- Setting up of own distribution channels for interested partners
- Information and referral services by phone, email, or in person
- Representing the interests of the tourism industry
Here you will find further information on Basel Tourismus and a few insider tips about the city of Basel.