Sector programme logistics
In the economic region of Basel, the logistics industry has a long tradition attributable to the special location of Basel and the strong foreign trade focus of Switzerland.
The Canton of Basel-Stadt recognises the economic importance of the logistics industry and supports it actively. So that the logistics location of Basel can also remain competitive in the long term, the Logistics Cluster Region Basel initiative was founded in 2011.
The duties and objectives of the logistics cluster in the region of Basel are to:
- position the region of Basel as a logistics location
- demonstrate the economic importance of logistics
- create a sustainable bridge between logistics, shippers and politics, administration, authorities and society.
- recognise the future challenges facing the logistics industry
- fomulate and implement a strategy with an action plan for developing the logistics location
- promote exchanges within the cluster
The Logistics Cluster Region Basel is financed by the two cantons Basel-Stadt and Basel-Landschaft as well as by associations and organisations of the transport and logistics industries.
Do you want to learn more about the initiative Logistics Cluster Region Basel? Click here: Logistikcluster Region Basel Strategy 2021-2023 (in German only).