You have to work overtime for the short term or outside of your previous work hours, or maybe you would like to find out more about maximum working hours, rest periods and any pay and overtime bonuses?
Do your assignments at work comply with employment legislation?
Do your assignments at work comply with employment legislation? Balanced work and rest periods are part of health and safety in the workplace. They ensure that employees have a social life, for example, making Sunday the day of rest. The Labour Law defines the minimum rest periods of employees and the organisation of shift schedules.
We will gladly advise you on any of the following areas:
- General working hours and rest time provisions of the Government
- Working hours for homes (PDF, 174 KB, not accessible)
- Working hours for hospitals
- Arbeitszeiten für Verkaufslokale (PDF, 60 KB)
- Recording working hours
- Night work and work on Sundays, salary and time bonuses
- Special provision for young employees
- Special provisions for expectant and breastfeeding mothers
- Formular Arbeitszeiterfassung ohne Nachtarbeit (XLS, 35 KB)
- Formular Arbeitszeiterfassung mit Nachtarbeit (XLS, 23 KB)
- On-call duty
Special provisions for certain modes of operation and sectors
Basic important information for employee protection can be found here: