Marriage and Dating Agencies Dealing with Countries Outside Switzerland
The professional placement of foreign nationals for purposes of marriage or forming partnerships requires a licence.
Since 1 January 2000, the professional placement of foreign nationals in Switzerland or Swiss nationals abroad for purposes of marriage or forming partnerships requires a licence.
Professional marriage and dating services have been defined as services provided in return for fees, irrespective of the question whether such activities are performed on a full-time or part-time basis, regularly or irregularly, on a self-employed basis or on behalf of a third person, with or without advertising.
The responsible authority in the Canton of Basel-Stadt is the Office of Economy and Labour, Sandgrubenstrasse 44, 4005 Basel. Please contact us to obtain or order further information (licence application DOC, 77 KB, in German only).
The licence application and other information relevant to marriage and dating services are listed below:
- Licence application (DOCX, 62 KB, not accessible)
- Datasheet, responsible person (DOCX, 58 KB, not accessible)
- Leaflet on professional marriage and dating services (PDF, 29 KB, not accessible)
- Deposit – sample form (DOCX, 73 KB, not accessible)
- Order process, extract from the police records
- Ordinance on professional marriage and dating services