Bad weather compensation scheme

Employees in the business sector in which weather-related absences from work are common, are entitled to bad weather compensation under certain conditions.

The cantonal office will check the company's eligibility requirements. At the same time, you select the unemployment  fund responsible for you. The public unemployment fund (OeAK) or another unemployment fund of your choice will calculate and pay the benefits.

Notification – Do you need to report a weather-related absence from work?

Submit all these documents to e-mail


Accounting - What documents do employers need to complete and submit for the insurance fund?

For this purpose, use the forms on the website and send them by email. For each additional month, please re-submit the relevant application form to the Public Unemployment Fund (OeAK) (see contact box).