Public Unemployment Insurance Fund of the Canton of Basel-Stadt (OeAK)
The Public Unemployment Insurance Fund assesses claims and disburses unemployment insurance benefits in the Canton of Basel-Stadt.
As a service provider of the Office of Economy and Employment of the Canton of Basel-Stadt, the Public Unemployment Insurance Fund works closely with the Regional Employment Centres (RAV) and maintains steady contact with other social insurance schemes.
If you become unemployed, you have a choice between several unemployment insurance funds. In the Canton of Basel-Stadt, the Public Unemployment Insurance Fund has the highest market share. When you register as unemployed, you choose your unemployment insurance fund at the same time.
The OeAK fulfils the following responsibilities on behalf of employees:
- The OeAK assesses claims made by insured persons. It aims to disburse sickness daily allowance and insolvency compensation swiftly and on a regular basis. „Unemployment benefit" and „Insolvency compensation“.
- Furthermore, the OeAK offers assistance to EU- or EFTA residents with respect to the completion of PD U1 forms.
- In addition, the OeAK assumes the costs of labour market measures supplied by service providers after such measures have been approved by the RAV/LAM.
On behalf of employers, the OeAK assesses submitted applications for reduced working hours and bad weather compensation.
The Public Unemployment Insurance Fund of the Canton of Basel-Stadt is a member of the Swiss Association of Public Unemployment Insurance Funds and is managed by Silvia Roth.
If you are registered with the OeAK and have any questions, please contact the administrator in charge of your case. The administrator in charge of your case will be happy to provide you with telephone information on unemployment compensation from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. .
If you are not registered with the OeAK and have any questions, please contact:
Head of Unemployment benefit
Telefon +41 61 267 51 42
Would you like to read more about this?
Bad weather and insolvency compensation
If you have any questions regarding the above benefits, please contact:
- Caterina Enache, Administrator
Phone +41 61 267 51 31
- Ilse Hammer, Administrator
Phone +41 61 267 51 94
- Kurt Müller, Administrator
Phone: +41 61 267 51 49
- Jennifer Crettaz, Team Manager
Phone +41 61 267 51 39
Short-time working compensation (KAE COVID-19)
Information about pre-registration and about application and settlement of short-time working compensation during the Corona pandemic can be found on this page:
Forms PD U1
If you have any questions regarding the above certifications, please contact one of the responsible administrators:
Head of Department
- Silvia Roth
Phone +41 61 267 51 27