Labour Inspectorate (AI)
The Labour Inspectorate deals with issues relating to employee protection (Labour Law) as well as occupational health and safety at work. In addition, it is your primary contact for plan evaluations and approvals in the case of building conversions and new constructions.
The Labour Inspectorate deals with:
- Safety at work – advise on raising safety at work
- Health protection – advice on healthy working environment
- Plan evaluations and approvals in the case of building conversions and new constructions (industrial, commercial or service buildings)
- Working hours - information on temporary overtime, overtime regulations, maximum working hours, surcharges where applicable.
- Working hour approval - issuing exceptional approvals according to Labour Law
- Maternity protection - admissible work and working hours for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Youth protection - admissible work and working hours for adolescent employees
- Protection of personal integrity, e.g. sexual harassment at work - advice on sexual harassment at work
- Psychological strain, conflict at work, suspected bullying
- Closing Day and Shopping Hours Act - information on licenses for extended or unusual shopping hours and open stalls
- Swiss Consumer Credit Act – information on licenses for the commercial issuance or procurement of consumer credit
- Price disclosure ordinance – primary contact for matters relating to correct price disclosure
- Protection against passive smoking
- Metrology - information regarding statutory metrology and verification. Find out whether your shopping was weighed correctly.
- Telework - advice on offering telework to employees