EU-27/EFTA: Commencement of work with an employer in Switzerland for more than three months

Following the signing of the bilateral agreements between the EU and Switzerland on 1 June 2002, the free movement of persons was gradually introduced with respect to EU and EFTA nationals. In the meantime nationals of these countries are entitled to a residence and work permit respectively in order to take up work in Switzerland. Image:

Do you need a residence or work permit?

Persons from the EU-27/EFTA states wishing to apply for a residence or work permit should contact the Customer service centre for Migration and Population Services.